“By morning, my skin feels soft and the biggest noticeable difference I’ve found is that it seems to minimise my pores, giving my skin that blurred effect. After a week of use, my breakouts and bumpy texture started to clear…”
Unfortunately pimples do not discriminate, you can get them at ANY age! We put together our top 5 tips on surviving a breakout:
1. Cleanse! Make sure you are cleansing morning and night. Look for a pH balanced cleanser so you aren’t removing your skins natural oils.
TIP: After cleansing your skin should feel soft and clean, not tight and dry.
2. Detoxify your skin! Exfoliate your skin every few days (less if you have dry sensitive skin) to remove excess dead skin cells and to smooth out any uneven areas. Use a clay mask or face steam to draw out impurities. Our Scrub is perfect to use as an exfoliator and mask. It contains a natural oats and ground walnut shells for exfoliating and white clay for purifying.
TIP: Try leaving a small amount of mask directly on blemishes over night to help reduce them.
3. Hydrate your skin by moisturizing day and night! For oily/combination skin look for a Serum and for normal/dry skin try a cream. Face oils are also amazing for your skin, and are the most pure way to hydrate your skin.
TIP: Use our Bright Skin Oil before bedtime for an intense hydrating treatment. Your skin will look bright and soft in the morning.
4. Eat healthy, exercise, drink water, de-stress and sleep! Pay extra attention to your diet and try some gentle exercise. Try going to bed by 9.30pm and eliminate alcohol, sugary treats and dairy (dairy can cause increased sebum production).
TIP: If you are super busy, even a 10 minute workout or walk still makes a difference to your body and mind.
5. Be gentle with your skin. Keep your skincare routine simple and always use natural products. Using harsh ‘quick fix’ products can cause long term damage
Contact us here if you have any questions.
Health, happiness and beautiful skin
(Image via pinterest)